This course introduces you to what Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) are and how the principles of ABA can be used effectively to modify behaviours in the lives of individuals with ASD in order to improve their quality of life.
By enrolling in this course, you will receive access to the following three modules:
- Level I - The ABCs of ABA: An Introduction to Applied Behaviour Analysis Concepts and Strategies
- Level II - ABA Fundamentals: Understanding Motivation and Verbal Behaviour to Guide Behaviour Changes in Learners
- Level III - The Four Functions of Behaviour: Why Behaviour Happens and What to Do When Challenges Occur
In Level I, participants will learn what ABA is, the different service options available with a certified clinician and an introduction to how learning happens through a behavioural approach. The concepts taught are key in teaching yourself how learning can happen best (naturally!) and how ABA can be applied to your daily interactions with individuals with ASD, no matter the environment they are in.
In Level II, participants will be introduced to the concepts of reinforcement and punishment while developing an understanding of motivation and the role it plays in a child’s behaviour. We also identify a variety of skill areas like requesting, following instructions, and conversation skills just to name a few. At the end of Level II, you will be introduced to group contingencies and how they may benefit your learners in group settings.
In Level III, participants will learn how to set up the appropriate group contingency, be introduced to the four functions of behaviour, and guided concepts to help support their child’s learning through antecedent strategies and addressing the most challenging behaviours in their learner.
This course comes equipped with interactive activities and Knowledge Check questions to further strengthen your understanding of ABA.
- Have a stronger understanding of what Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is and how to distinguish between different levels of ASD severity
- Be introduced to what Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) is, why clinicians use it, and how they use it effectively with their learners
- Identify socially significant behaviours that could improve their learner’s quality of life
- Learn how to apply ABA concepts in various settings including at home, in schools, and in the community
- Identify their learner’s more preferred items and how to use them to teach new skills
- Identity the four functions of behaviour and select antecedent strategies that are most appropriate for their learner and their families
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account