- PRIVACY STATEMENT
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada). You are only allowed to access the Platform from within Canada and only if you are a Canadian legal resident. Use of the Platform from outside of Canada, or by a person who is not a Canadian legal resident, is strictly prohibited.
Persons under the age of 13, or any higher minimum age in the jurisdiction where that person resides, are not permitted to use the Platform unless their parent has consented in accordance with applicable law. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the relevant minimum age without parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information that can be used to identify a specific individual and that is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as full legal name, date of birth, age or address, but does not include aggregated data from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined.
The information we may collect and analyze includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- your name;
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- your mailing address;
- your demographic information;
- your login information for the Platform;
- your e-mail address;
- your password for the Platform;
- computer and connection information, such as browser type, version and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; and
- your Behavior Analyses Certification Board credentials including your certification number and/or Behavior Analyses Certification Board account ID.
If you are accessing the Platform from a web browser, the “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- facilitating your use of the Platform;
- communicating with you generally about the Platform and the services provided through the Platform;
- registering and/or creating your user account with the Platform;
- administering and managing the Platform and our business operations;
- understanding and responding to your needs and preferences, including, but not limited to, communicating with you and to provide you with support and other services;
- providing services requested by you including, without limitation, the Platform;
- performing statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of the Platform so as to improve design and navigation of the Platform and to gather marketing information;
- troubleshooting problems and technical or security issues;
- detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity as required by any applicable laws, rules or regulations or governmental requirements;
- complying with legal and governmental requirements;
- processing payments for the Platform to the extent such payments are not processed by a third party; and
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time we collect it from you, having regard to the nature of the Platform.
We may also maintain and use records of such information to send you updates and news about the Company or other products or services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive updates, newsletters or other notifications from us, you may opt out of receiving further communications from us by using the response mechanism in our communications with you.
Due to the global nature of the Internet, you may be transferring your personal information to countries outside of your jurisdiction of residence, whose legal systems do not offer the same protection for your data as the laws of your jurisdiction of residence.
- USAGE INFORMATION
In addition to collecting personal and non-personal information, the Company and our current and/or future third party service providers may also use a variety of technologies that collect non-personal, aggregated information about the registered users’ use of the Platform. Usage information may include the browser you are using, the URL that referred you to the Platform, all of the areas within the Platform that you visit and the time of day, among other information. This information is not personally identifiable and will only be used to find out how our registered users use the Platform. The collection of this information allows us, among other things, to create new features, prepare for traffic load demands and to efficiently distribute any email communications.
- EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
From time to time we may send you e-mail with information and/or special offers (including for third party products or services) that we believe would be of interest to you. All such communications shall be made in full compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. Company will not send e-mail communications to you without your express consent and in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. Company may use a reputable third party to deliver email. Such third party is under a contractual requirement to keep all personal information confidential and to only use any personal information for the sole purpose of sending you email on behalf of Company and to return any personal information once their services are completed.
- SHARING INFORMATION
We may disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with partners, advertisers or prospective partners or advertisers to help explain our business and the effectiveness of our business or for promotional purposes. For example, we may disclose aggregated demographic information which does not include any personally identifiable information.
Company may disclose personal information to third party providers of Company, including third parties engaged to assist us in providing the Platform (including, but not limited to, software development and hosting, data processing, transaction processing services, document management and office administration) to you or to carry out one or more of the uses described above. These service providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance and are required to protect personal information disclosed by Company and to comply with applicable privacy laws.
We may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your personal information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
The Platform may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
We also reserve the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Company or of any of the business or assets or shares of Company or a division thereof. We will secure an undertaking from any such third party to treat the disclosed and/or transferred personal information with the same degree of diligence as had been previously provided by Company.
You are deemed to consent to disclosure of your personal information for the purposes set out above.
- ACCURACY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We endeavor to ensure that any personal information in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. If we become aware that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we will revise the personal information.
We keep your personal information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time we retain information varies, depending on the purpose for which it was collected and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only for so long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date.
100 The East Mall, Unit 1