Tuesday, October 4, 2022 (9AM — 5PM EST)
Wednesday, October 5, 2022 (9AM — 5PM EST)
Increased emphasis on client assent refocuses the importance of shaping social responding and building essential communication and self-advocacy skills in children with autism. This workshop, informed by the literature from Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA), will provide an evaluation system, scope and sequence to:
- Improve the value of social stimuli and shape indicating responses
- Increase verbal and vocal verbal behaviour
- Shape vocal verbal behaviour for individuals with speech production issues
Day 1 — October 4, 2022
The first day of the conference focuses on the use of Naturalistic Developmental Behavioural Interventions (NDBIs) to improve the value of social stimuli and shape indicated responses (e.g., eye gaze, approach, gesture, vocalization). Participants will:
- Learn to topographically define and measure indicating responses through three initial phases of intervention
- Learn to create social behavioural play chains that can be used to increase rate, variety, and sequences of indicating responses
- Learn to reframe and refocus the use of toys/activities within your clinic in novel ways to inspire staff and improve cooperation and rate of learning in clients
- Leave with a set of clear procedures and manualized information to systematically train staff to contrive highly motivating play chains, that can serve as a foundation for development of social skills and can be used to address learner specific skills and skills across the verbal operants
- Learn a self-instruction pneumonic that can be utilized during multiple exemplar play chain training
Day 2 — October 5, 2022
The second day of the conference focuses on harnessing declaration of motivation for likes/dislikes via indicating responses as opportunities to teach functional and formal communication, make choices, indicate assent, and calmly and clearly indicate assent withdrawal. Participants will:
- Learn to use results of the VB-MAPP, EESA and the Kasper Speech Shaping Procedure Selection Grid which develops a Learner Profile that can be used to select, design and implement combinations of 4 different methods for shaping speech productions skills beyond NBDI
- Learn about the unique issues of conditioning social stimuli for individuals with limited attending to others and restricted reinforcer pools
- Learn methods for training teams to accurately implement these methods via performance feedback task analyses
- Leave with behaviourally and developmentally based strategies to dramatically improve speech production skills that can be implemented immediately in natural environments and structured settings
$275 +HST (until September 7, 2022)
$325 +HST (until October 3, 2022)
The rates are as follows:
- Receive a 5% discount when registering 5-9 attendees
- Receive a 10% discount when registering 10+ attendees
Terms and Conditions:
- The group must be registered in one (1) transaction through alphabeePRO's website.
- Group discounts will automatically apply at checkout when purchasing 5 or more conference spots.
- All attendees will receive their own personalized certificate with CEUs.
- Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with other courses on alphabeePRO.
Group leader must email email@example.com with full names of ALL attendees in their group along with their emails so each attendee can receive their own account and separate access to the course.
If you are reserving a conference spot on behalf of someone else (e.g. a colleague or employee), please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further steps.
14 BCBA CEUs available
Course attendees will be required to sign in and out each day, attend the workshop in full, and complete the course evaluation in order to earn full CEU credit.
This course is designed for those who have or are pursuing BCBA/BCaBA/RBT certification and who have an understanding of ABA. Educators, other professionals, and those whose role uses ABA to design and implement programming to decrease behaviours and increase skill acquisition of individuals with autism and/or speech production issues may benefit from this course. The Behaviour Analyst Certification Board (BACB) has approved AlphaBee as an Authorized Continuing Education (ACE) Provider.
Tamara Kasper, MS, CCC-SLP, BCBA has practiced as a paediatric speech-language pathologist with emphasis on treatment of children with challenging behaviour for 30 years. She has specialized in treatment of children within the autism spectrum for the last 25 years. Her commitment to the children she serves led her to pursue treatment methods outside the field of speech-language pathology. Under the mentorship of Dr. Vincent Carbone and his protégé, Ms. Kasper became a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. Ms. Kasper has also completed advanced training in application of Skinner’s analysis of verbal behaviour and Kaufman’s strategies for apraxia of speech.
She is the co-author of the K&K Sign to Talk and Speak with Sign Materials. She is the past recipient of the WSHA Clinical Achievement Award and nominee for the ASHA DiCarlo Award. As previous Owner/Director of The Center for Autism Treatment and current director of the Clinical Center of Excellence for Caravel Autism Health, Tamara provides consulting services, training, and workshops to treatment teams who serve children with autism in the United States and abroad.
If a registrant cannot attend the conference, please contact alphabeePRO at email@example.com.
- You will receive a 100% refund if cancelling your order before August 29, 2022.
- You will receive a 50% refund for any refund requests made between August 30, 2022 and September 19, 2022.
- No refunds will be made after September 19, 2022.
- Substitutions may be made. Webinar access is transferrable.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account