This online synchronous course provided by Emergent Learning Academy will provide participants with 2 full days of online AIM Training. This training will introduce participants to the background, research, theory, and application of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, how it is integrated with mindfulness and behaviour management into a comprehensive system. This 2 day training is offered live and will include lecture, activities, and opportunities to practice designing classrooms, as well as organizing data collection and progress monitoring sheets. AIM is an empirically based solution to behaviour management that embraces the social-emotional development of children. The program developed and authored by Dr. Marc Dixon is an integration of mindfulness, acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), and functionally driven positive behaviour management. The AIM program contains an implementation guide, ready-to-use mindfulness and ACT daily lessons, functional assessment worksheets, self-monitoring forms, teacher/caregiver rating scales and additional progress monitoring tools.
Course valued at $500 CAD – Only 40 seats available
Monday June 14, 2021 (11am to 6pm EST)
Monday June 21, 2021 (11am to 6pm EST)
- Describe the general history of mindfulness and how it evolved in the western world.
- Explain how a behavioral conceptualization of mindfulness can be operationalized.
- Describe some of the physical and psychological health benefits of mindfulness, and the distinctions between objective measurable dependent variables relevant for behavior analysts, and constructs that should be avoided.
- Provide a detailed description of the ACT model and its roots in empirically-based work on derived relational responding.
- Explain the 6 core ACT processes and how a behavior analyst can operationally define and gather data on each process.
- Understand the basic theoretical foundations of the AIM Curriculum.
- Provide detail on how AIM incorporates contingency management into its intervention process.
- Describe the role of functional assessment and functional consequences that are necessary for utilization in 1:1 intervention protocols, classroom-based interventions, and adaptations necessary for full school interventions.
- Implement AIM Curriculum therapeutic exercises in a group setting.
- Develop behavior management and social-emotional interventions individualized for specific service delivery settings.
- Complete and interpret various AIM Curriculum data collection forms, treatment integrity evaluations, and progress monitoring assessments.
- Explain clearly how to integrate mindfulness, ACT, and ABA intervention in service delivery for children and adolescents.
12 CEU’s available
The workshop is designed for those who: have or are pursuing BCBA/BCaBA/RBT; teacher; therapists; and others whose role uses ABA to design & implement programming to decrease behaviours and increase skill acquisition of individuals with autism. Emergent Learning is an Approved Continuing Education provider. The BACB does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the event, organization, or instructor.
Important Course Information
- This live course is being offered via Zoom. Please ensure you have access to Zoom prior to purchasing this course.
- For those collecting CEUs, certificates will be provided by CEUHelper. It is recommended that participants download and create an account prior to the start of the first session.
20 in stock
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account